Prepaid sim card in Belgium
Prepaid sim cards are essential when you do not know how long you will be staying in Belgium. You can also choose a mobile contract, but most of the time this has a minimum duration of 12 months. A prepaid sim card offers more flexibility. Phonecalls, SMS and internet data are more expensive with a prepaid sim card instead of a mobile contract. The largest mobile operators in Belgium all offer clear contracts and prepaid cards.
Overview prepaid SIM cards in Belgium
What are the best prepaid SIM cards in Belgium and which of those cards offers the best coverage? We have listed the prepaid SIM card providers below.
|Prepaid SIM card
Comparing all prepaid SIM cards in Belgium can be time-consuming. Are you wondering which prepaid SIM card is the cheapest or has the best coverage? We have listed below the best and the most frequently used prepaid SIM cards in Belgium. When you have found the right provider, be sure to order the prepaid sim card online. This is often cheaper than in a store. Also, be sure to have your proof of identity and your bank account details ready during the sign-up process.
Proximus prepaid SIM card
Proximus is a online mobile operator which offers excellent connection throughout Belgium for a low price. Proximus offers one of the best prepaid SIM card services in Belgium. You can easily select the kind of prepaid card you want to have on their website. You can keep your current phone number and your prepaid SIM package will be delivered within a couple of working days to your address. This probably one of the easiest and fastest ways to receive a prepaid SIM card in Belgium. This Proximus sim card package is used by most expats.
Mobile Vikings prepaid SIM card
Mobile Vikings currently offers the best prepaid SIM card in Belgium. You can easily select the kind of prepaid card you want to have on their website. They make a distinction between prepaid users that call a lot and prepaid users who use their mobile phone mostly to surf the web. They offer very competitive prices and are well known in Belgium for their excellent customer service. If you are planning on staying less than 1 year in Belgium, Mobile Vikings would be a good choice for you.
Prepaid vs. sim only in Belgium
When you are in Belgium as an ex-pat, you will need your mobile phone to stay connected with your family. You may be more reliant on mobile devices than ever. Other than choosing the phone, it is also essential to choose the right tariff. It is better to understand the difference between prepaid and sim only.
- Sim Only: sim-only plans are a type of postpaid plan. The primary difference is prepaid. You will need your handset but will pay for the monthly bill. If you choose the end of the postpaid, you are on the sim-only plan, including the postpaid plans, where you will have to pay for the handset.
- Prepaid Plans: the prepaid plans are the sole domain of seniors and students. It is primarily due to its budget-friendliness payment system. For the prepaid plans, you will have to pay in advance for the usage.
Why opt for a prepaid sim card in Belgium?
You can get many mobile plans and sim card options in Belgium, including post-paid, prepaid, sim-only, and more. But do you know why prepaid is the best option for you? Well, there are many reasons, such as
- Prepaid sim cards generally come out to be cheaper and cost-effective than other options
- You can easily get a prepaid sim card from a store or online without any contract or paperwork with the seller
- You can easily cut off a prepaid plan anywhere, anytime
- You don’t need to have a good credit score to buy a prepaid sim card
- You can select any prepaid package that comes with different call minutes, text options, and internet data depending on your requirements